Thursday, October 9, 2014

Character Interview: Haven & Clint from Havoc by Xavier Neal

*****CHARACTER INTERVIEW******
Here at Entertwine Publishing, we were fortunate enough to grab a quick word with Haven and Clint from Havoc by Xavier Neal.
1. Good afternoon you two! Thank you for letting me swing by for just a few! And thanks for the cookies Haven. These are delicious. Can you tell me what lead you to baking?
“I um...I don't really know. I started helping Mindy in the kitchen one day and it just kinda stuck.” *Haven shrugs*
“I don't think there's anything my angel can't bake successfully.”
*Haven blushes*
2. What about you Clint? Haven's got a real knack for baking. What kind of special skills do you have?
“Well, with all due respect ma'am, being a Marine, I have quite a few special skills. But the one that is worth mentioning is my ability to shoot and never miss. It's where my nickname comes from.”
3. I see you both have dog tags around your neck. Obviously yours are from the military Clint, but Haven's I am going to assume were a gift. What's the best present Clint has given you?
“Life.” *Clint wraps his arm around Haven and pulls her in closer to him* *She offers him a soft smile before turning back to me* “Without him, I wouldn't be alive. In any capacity.”
*Clint gives me a stern warning look* “And that's all about that subject. Next question.”
4. Yes of course. Of course. I didn't mean to upset either of you. It wasn't my intent. How about something a little lighter? Clint, what's something you adore about Haven?
“The way she falls asleep reading books in my bed. Her head on my chest. My arms secure around her. It's peaceful. For both of us.”
5. And you Haven? Can you tell something you find sexy about Clint?
*She blushes* “His body? The tattoos and the scars. The muscles are nice too. It's all so perfect. And impressive.”
*Clint grins proudly* “And all yours angel.”
6. Clint, it is safe to say the relationship with your father has changed lately. Can you elaborate for us a bit on how?
“Trust. Given situations we have encountered recently there is a level of trust there that was non-existent before. And if you know anything about me, then you are aware of the importance I place on it.”
7. Haven, with Clint's deployment coming up, do you think you'll be alright without him?
“I think it'll be an adjustment. And I think it'll make him coming back home to me all the sweeter.”
8. Tell me about your first kiss together.
*Haven giggles* “It was amazing...a little unexpected, but amazing. And sweet. And strong.”
“Did I hurt you?”
“No babe. Of course not.”
“If I hurt you-”
“It was fine Clint. Better than fine. It was heart stopping. It was one of those memories that I'll never forget.”
9. Clint, you see rather protective of Haven. Do you think she's protective of you as well?
“I do. I think in different aspects we protect each other. My methods may be a little more obvious and forceful at times, but my Angel protects the man that I've become each time she takes a breath. If she's safe, I'm safe.”
10. I've asked many tough questions, so how about I end on a lighter one. You two get to take a vacation anywhere in the world together. Where would you go?
“I think it would be fun to go somewhere like Paris and taste the pastries! And the fresh baked bread! It would probably look really pretty lit up at night.”
“I'll go wherever she wants.” *Haven gives him a disapproving look*”Okay. Fine. I'd wanna go somewhere tropical but private. Seeing Haven in a bikini is a sight I want to see, but only me. Plus laying in a hammock with her curled up next to me reading a book is something I couldn't pass up.”
Thank you both for your time! And thank you for these cookies...I may grab a couple more before I go.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know these two! You can read more about Clint and Haven in "Havoc" by Xavier Neal coming October 10th!

Pre-Order Now!




No comments:

Post a Comment